Cpap Machine Reviews
Cpap Machine Reviews
Choose a Manufacturer.
Fisher and Paykel
The use of Continuous PositiveAirway Pressure aka CPAP for the treatment of Sleep Apnea began in 1981.
CPAP Therapy keeps the airwayopen during sleep and it has been proven to prevent and effectively treat SleepApnea in users.
Each CPAP user has a peculiarview about their CPAP Machine and the way their body systems adapt to it. Thiscpap machine review is based on the response of users to the use of CPAP Machines.
The choice to use a CPAP Machinefor Sleep Apnea treatment follows regulated steps and can only be prescribed bya Medical Professional after diagnosis.
Picking the right CPAP Machineshould not be left to chance. There are certain basic features that modern CPAPmachines should have. These features makes the bestCPAP Machines stand out.
You would do well to understand these basic requirementsand purchasea CPAP Machine that would serve your specific need.
What to Look for When Purchasing a CPAP Machine
- QuietOperation: No CPAP Machine is 100% quiet. Recent models from ResMed andRespironics like the ResMedS9 series have reduced noise levels. If snoring sound can drive your partnernuts, what do you think a noisy CPAP Machine beside your bed would do? A quietCpap Machine is the key to a complete and fulfilling therapy.
- ClimateControl: Climate Control is the rave of the moment. This feature makes theMachine adapt its output with environmental or climatic changes. This is handy ifyou travel a lot as this will help keep the temperature of the air that you breathesteady despite any changes in the weather.
- HasHumidifier: Not all CPAP machines are compatible or work with humidifiers (Adevice that eliminates dry air by supplying moist air), but if you need tocontrol the dryness or moist of the air delivered to you, you will need ahumidifier.
- AutoAdjustment: This feature makes your CPAP Machine auto adjust or preserveyour prescribed settings despite climatic or environmental changes. This savesyou the stress of having to often check and reset your Machine to yourpreferred settings.
- Portability: Being on Cpap Therapy should not bring your life to a standstill. Whether youare travelling or going on a camping trip, there are machines built to fit intolaptop bag and can be carried on a commercial flight.
- IntuitiveDesign: Your CPAP Machine should be easy to use. Look for a machine with anintuitive interface, push buttons and user friendly LED display, that makescustomizing your prescribed settings a simple task.
- DataRecording and Storage Capability: Why should you buy CPAP Machine that lacksthe capacity to store or record your sleep history on a Data Card? Your machineshould at least be able to store up to a year’s worth of data. Your SleepHistory and CPAP usage data is critical to your CPAP therapy as this helps yourtherapist understand and access any improvements or issues with your therapy.
- ComfortableMask: Some CPAP users complain of discomfort and scarred faces from the usea CPAP mask. Not all CPAP Machines come with a good cpap mask. Yes, you canpurchase a new mask but this will cost you extra funds.
What Kind of CPAP Machine is best for me?
Looking at all the featureslisted above, it might look like a herculean task to select the right kind of CPAP Machine.
So let’s help you.
Here is a list 4 CPAP machinesthat have a minimum of 3 of the features listed above. As at the time of thiswriting these are the top crops.
- ResMedS9 Elite™ CPAP w/ H5i™ Heated Humidifier
- RespironicsSystem One REMstar Auto CPAP w/ Humidifier
- RespironicsSystem One REMstar Plus CPAP w/ Humidifier
- RespironicsSystem One REMstar Pro CPAP w/ Humidifier
If you need to compare other CPAPMachines side by side, you can compareCpap Machines here.
Looking for more reviews? We havethem on the left side of this page. Don’t forget toask your questions on our Cpap Machine reviews or sendus a mail, if you need help.