Stop Snoring Surgery
Stop Snoring Surgery
Find out about cost, options and types.
Stop Snoring Surgery is one of the snoringsolutions that recently gained a lot of attention in the news.
But how effective is snoring surgery in solving your snoringproblem?
You might be asking questions like,
Does it really work?
How successful is snoring surgery?
What are my snoring surgery options?
How much does snoring surgery cost?
These are thequestions I hope to answer on this page.
Peoplehave a lot of fears about surgery, any kind ofsurgery. In this agewe know thatsurgery is a medical procedure that has saved lives andwill continue to do so.
First, let me say that I only recommendthat you choose tohave surgery for your snoring problem if it is verysevere or is a symptom ofdiseases like sleep apnea or otherbreathing problems.
Stop Snoring surgery is a very simple procedure that involves the reconstruction of theinner mouthand throat to eliminate snoring. Snoring sound is caused byconstrictions inthe flow of air and snoring surgery corrects this.
Types of Stop SnoringSurgeries
There are basically 5 types. They are,
- Uvulopalatoharyngoplasty,alsoknow in it’s abbreviated form as (UPPP).It is a stop snoringsurgicalprocedure that involves the removal of excessive throattissue like the uvulatissue, adenoids, and tissues within thepharynx and tonsils. Thisprocedure opens the passage way for thefree flow of air. UPPP is one ofthe most effective type of stopsnoring surgery and has 46% to 75% successrate.
- It will be hard to swallow food or drink liquidfor a few weeks till your throat totally heals.
- You will experience pain for a while after thisprocedure.
- There have been cases where this procedure lefta scarring and induced sleepapnea.
- The uvula is important in the pronunciation ofwords in some languages like Arabic and Native American languages.
- This procedure is very efficient.
- Laser-Assisteduvulopalatoplasty (LAUP) is variation of Uvulopalatoharyngoplastythat isdone by laser. In this procedure the laser is used tovaporize the vulva.It is the most effective laser surgery forsnoring.
- This procedure is considered safer and moreeconomical.
- Unlike, Uvulopalatoharyngoplasty it can be repeateduntil the desired result is obtained.
- The post operations pain experienced is stillthe same as theUvulopalatoharyngoplastyprocedure.
- Sincethis procedure is usually repeated tillthe desired result is achievedyou have be ready to endure the post operativepain each time.
- Somnoplasty,also known as Radio Frequency Tissue Ablation(RFTA) involves theuse of a needle electrode to discharge energy wavesthat shrinksexcessive tissues in the throat.
- This procedure is fast.
- It can be performed in an out-patient clinic.
- It is less painful.
- It is a new procedure and is still not widelypracticed.
- It requires several treatment sessions until thedesired result is achieved.
- Septoplasty is another surgery to correct snoring thatinvolves thecorrection of nasal septum deviation.The nasal septum is a thin walldividingthe nose in two. In some humansitis not centeredand is deviated to one side of the nose there by inducingsnoring.
- Pillar procedure also known aspalatal implantation is aprocedure where tiny plastic implantsare placed in the soft palatethrough a syringe. The aim is toharden the soft palate so as to reducethe vibrations of snoring.
Using surgery to stop snoring is effective but there areless invasive snoring solutions thatare also very effective. Visit my stopsnoring solutions page to read more about these solutions.
You can also check How to Stop Snoring, to learn more about top snoring solutions.