Home Remedies for Insomnia: Herbal Sleep Aids or Physical Therapy.
There has been a recent rave over home remedies for insomnia as alternative for insomnia drugs.Research shows most adults do not sleep well and this affects their day time jobs.
Insomnia is the most common sleep disorder today. It is simply the lack of sleep or the inability to stay asleep. Each of us at one time or the other have been victims of this condition. Though there are some people who have chronic insomnia, in this case hardly sleep and this continues for month or even years. Most people have come to depend on over the counter sleep aids, but there has been a recent movement on home remedies for insomnia.
These homes remedies for insomnia or herbal sleep aids have come to be trusted by ordinary folks and some them have been perfected over the years and passed from generation to generation. Home remedies for insomnia can be broadly divided into:
- Herbal Remedies for Insomnia
- Herbal Drugs
- Physical Therapy
Below are lists of herbal remedies that I have come across over the years. I will not say which ones have worked for me but you can trust that if they are listed here, it because so many insomniacs the world over have tried these remedies and they work. Home Remedies for Insomnia can come in different forms including, roots, teas, leafs, grass and so on. Here is a list of remedies you can try for your insomnia.
- Lemon Balm Tea – This is a very good sedative and it sooths the stomach well. You can put two to four teaspoons of the dried herb into a cup of boiling water.
- Eat 2-3 fresh onions before going to bed.
- Simmer Chamomile tea for 3 minutes and a bit of milk and 2 table spoon of natural honey.
- Add 1 teaspoon of lavender leaves to a cup of boiling water stir and drink.
- Take a teaspoon of honey with a glass of hot milk.
- Mix one teaspoon of honey, with a warm glass of spring water and fresh lemon juice.
- Valerian is a very good sleep aid, it reduces activity in the central nervous system. You can get valerian from your health food stores.
- Heat milk till it gets just before boiling point, then add 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract and 1 level tsp of sugar and sprinkle cinnimon on top and drink while hot. This one works like a charm.
- Grind: 5 carrots, spinach, 2 broccoli flowers ,2 leaves of dandelion, and one beet ,eat quickly, and go to bed.
- Hops is a sedative, you can buy a pack of dried hops and stuff them into your pillow at night and then go to bed.
- You can take two teaspoons of honey with a large amount of water, this aids sleep.
- You can take plenty of curd to aid sleep.
- Drink a cup of hot milk with honey or rock candy
- Drink salvia tea
HERBAL SLEEP AIDS.
There a lot of herbal sleep aids and home remedies for insomnia out there but only few really have what it takes to send you to dream land. Here are some of my recommendations.
According to Calms Forte website, “Calms Forté™ tablets are composed of four botanicals long used by doctors and health practitioners to soothe and quiet irritated nerves and edginess without sedatives or tranquilizers. In addition, Calms Forté™ includes five biochemic phosphates in 3X potency, which feed and strengthen the nerves of the body, helping you withstand everyday stress and strain.”
I have so many friends who use calm forte and they love the way it works. Personally I used it twice and I had a blissful sleep and very peaceful dream. There might be side effects, but I have never experienced any and never heard of anyone complaining. The website warns that the drug should not be used by pregnant women or nursing mothers.
This herbal sleep aid for insomnia has been around for a while. I have heard of claims of people using it and loving it. The manufacturers also have a broad of other products for each family member.
Sometimes insomnia can be caused by emotional or physiological problems. Yoga exercises like shavasana and hatha yoga, can help calm your nerve and serve as one of the best remedies for insomnia. It takes time to master the art, but once you do you can always help your waking mind and body fall asleep.
Anyone can suddenly find themselves becoming an insomniac, either transient or long term. If you find yourself in this precarious position, just before you go and get an over the counter sleep aid try the home remedies for insomnia first.
Return From Home Remedies for Insomnia to Insomnia Causes Page.