Learning how to cope with the effects of lack of sleep.
Sleep deprivation Effects refers to the side effects of the lack of sleep.
It is a condition where the affected person suffers from a lack of the minimum amount of sleep required by the human body.
Being Sleep Deprived can be caused by a host of factors and if not treated, can lead on to disastrous consequences. Sleep Deprivation affects both young and old.
Causes of Sleep Deprivation.
Sleep deprivation can be cause by one or a combination of the following factors – lifestyle, medical conditions, and side-effects of medicine.
1. Lifestyle factors that cause sleeplessness are:
- Excess intake of caffeine (tea/coffee/colas) and alcohol consumption before bedtime.
- Skewed working hours that go on till late in the night.
- Some studies suggest that smoking is also connected to sleeplessness.
- Watching movies/playing games/hanging out till the wee hours of the morning can also impair sleep patterns.
- Stress and hyper-anxiety are other lifestyle factors.
2. Certain medicines can cause sleeplessness. It is best to consult your doctor about your medicine’s side-effects.
3. Medical conditions such as asthma, chronic depression, mental ill-health, sleep apnea, and a few other medical conditions can cause sleeplessness.
It’s time to see a doctor when any of the following symptoms are experienced:
- Constant irritability; always being on the edge; blowing a fuse at the smallest of occurrences.
- Lack of concentration.
- Not feeling sleepy at bedtime night after night (say for 7-10 days at a stretch).
- Shortness of breath.
- Feeling regularly tired at work.
- Getting infections frequently.
- Feeling a strange, vague type of discomfort.
- Appetite changes – for the worse.
These may or may not be due to sleep deprivation effects– they may be caused by medical conditions, but it’s best to let your health care professional be the judge of that.
Anxiety could also be the cause of sleep deprivation. Take an anxiety test here.
For health coverage, there are a number of online resources where one
can get up-to-date health insurance quotes and other vital information.
Make sure it gives you proper coverage for specific ailments to ensure that
your peace of mind is based on realistic financial protection.
Try out the MFO Training – Crossfit Montreal